Cephtactics Core Privacy Notice
What is this page?
This is Cephtactics’s core privacy notice. It explains the company’s approach to collecting and using personal information (any information which relates to or identifies an individual) about people we interact with. It also supplements more specific information you may have been given (a privacy notice or statement) when engaging with a service, facility, event or initiative run by the company. For example, you may have followed a link here because you signed up to attend an event aimed at prospective students or members of the public. The information below is the same for all the company’s activities where personal information is collected, so we thought it would be helpful to have it in one place that you can refer to and revisit whenever you need.
Who are we?
We are Cephtactics, a private orthodontic training and research group based in London. Our aim is to provide training in orthodontics to dentists with interest in short term techniques in the current market. We also endeavour to hone skills of those already practising in both fixed and removable orthodontics.
Why are we processing your personal information?
You may have already been told about the specific purposes for which we are processing your personal information, as well as the ‘legal’ or ‘lawful’ basis for that processing (the justification under current data protection legislation).
More about ‘legal’/’lawful’ basis:
We can only process (collect, use, store etc) your personal information if one of the following applies:
- We need your personal information to provide a service as part of a contract (for example, to enable you/us to fulfil your/our obligations under a student contract or employment contract). Note that in English law ‘contracts’ are not limited to those in writing, so this justification may also cover less formal agreements between you and the company.
- We need your personal information to perform our official functions as a teaching and research institution, and those functions are in the public interest. Our official functions may derive from legislation of our mandate. This justification also covers situations where we need to share information with other organisations in order for them to carry out their official functions (for example, taxation, reporting crimes, preventive and occupational medicine).
- We need your personal information to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, Eduqual).
- We need your personal information for a legitimate interest of the company or a third party, provided that interest is not overridden by your interests and rights (for example, we may need to process your information to protect our network and information security). Note this justification cannot be used when we are carrying out our official functions.
- We need your personal information to protect somebody’s life (a vital interest).
- You provide consent for us to process your personal information, based on clear and specific information, with a genuine choice (without any pressure), and the ability to change your mind at any time.
How do we use your personal information?
We will generally use your personal information to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested from us. We may need to share your information with our service providers for these purposes, but we will ensure that appropriate contracts with these parties are in place and they only process your information in accordance with our instructions and data protection legislation. If we need to transfer any information to a country not recognised as providing equivalent protection, we will use additional safeguards approved by UK or EU regulators.
Individual company services may have their own privacy notices with further information about how they use your personal information. For more detailed information about our main processing activities, see the following notices.
What are your rights?
By law, you have certain rights over your personal information:
- To receive a copy of your information
- To ask us to correct any errors
- To delete it once we no longer need it
- To ask us to stop using your information in a certain way
- To ask for certain information in a portable, electronic format
- To object to certain uses of your information (for example, marketing and automatic profiling or decision making)
To make a request for any of the above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do we carry out marketing?
If you register an interest with the company or through one of our service providers, you may be asked to opt-in to receive marketing communications. This is done at the point where your personal information is first collected. Within any marketing communications, you will be provided with a simple and transparent way to unsubscribe. Any changes you request to how your personal information is processed for the purposes of marketing and/or the provision of service updates will be acted on promptly.
If you proceed to enrol as a student at Cephtactics, the email address that you registered an interest with will be used for the duration of your study.
If you do not wish for the above to happen, please contact us to opt out.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Cookies are text files, which identify a user’s computer to our servers. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used.
How long do we keep your information for?
Unless stated otherwise in a privacy notice, we will keep your information based on the periods or criteria specified in the company’s regulations of 5 years.
Will changes be made to this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This privacy notice was last updated on 30 October 2019.