The most important group of people in our future!
Unfortunately so many parents don’t bring their children to an orthodontist early enough.
• Orthodontists can spot subtle problems with jaw growth and emerging teeth while some baby teeth are still present.
• While your child’s teeth may appear to be straight, there could be a problem that only an orthodontist can detect.
• The check-up may reveal that your child’s bite is fine. Or, the orthodontist may identify a developing problem but recommend monitoring the child’s growth and development, and then if indicated, begin treatment at the appropriate time for the child. In other cases, the orthodontist might find a problem that can benefit from early treatment.
• Early treatment may prevent more serious problems from developing and may make treatment at a later age shorter and less complicated.
• In some cases, the orthodontist will be able to achieve results that may not be possible once the face and jaws have finished growing.
Early treatment may give your orthodontist the chance to:
• guide jaw growth
• lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
• correct harmful oral habits
• improve appearance
• guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position
• improve the way lips meet
Through an early orthodontic evaluation, you’ll be giving your child the best opportunity for a healthy, beautiful smile. Because patients differ in both physiological development and treatment needs, the orthodontist’s goal is to provide each patient with the most appropriate treatment at the most appropriate time.