The CPD courses are a wide and varied specialty dental Evidence Based Dental evening courses. Refreshments will be served.
Ensure the dentists are developing professionally in all specialties.
- Clinicians should be kept aware of the different specialties in dentistry.
- The 9 dental specialties will continually rotate along with auxiliary lectures.
- Auxiliary specialties such as medicine, finance, marketing will be considered.
- The 1.5 hour event will be driven by specialists in the field.
Type of course – CPD 1.5 hours
Cost – £20.00 or Kshs 1,000.00 exl VAT
Duration – 1.5 hour evening session
Location – Central London (UK) or Nairobi (Kenya)
If you would like to present, please contact us.
NEXT CPD – 15/03/2017 Smilepod.
Amritraj Jabbal is a Specialist Orthodontist practicing in the UK and in Kenya. He works in 6 private practice in these countries and trains dentists into Orthodontics in the UK. Currently Raj is a Course Director in the PGA in Orthodontics, and Senior Lecturer in the same, Clinical Tutor at the BPP University for the MClinDent in Orthodontics, Examiner for the RCSEdin Course at the prestigious Kings College London and has lectured from the USA to Slovenia. He is an avid researcher in Orthodontics; in specific in Growth and Development, the application of AI in Orthodontics, Gene mapping in Orthodontics and the training of General Dentists in Orthodontics.
Kings College London – Alumni and Mock Examiner
Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh – Member
City of London Dental School – Course Director PGA in Orthodontics and Senior Lecturer
BPP University – Senior Clinical Tutor in the MClinDent in Orthodontics
Private Practice – London and Nairobi (6 facilities)
Current research interests include:
- Non Clinical – Theoretical science and analysis of orthodontics and orthodontic literature
- Education – Non conventional training in orthodontics
- Clinical – Effects of Functional Appliances on Skeletal units
- Clinical – Effective Class II and III treatment
- Clinical – Lingual orthodontic treatment techniques
- Clinical – Non compliant anchorage reinforcement (TADs)
- Clinical – Local factors assessment and efficiency of treatment modalities
- Clinical – Cleft and Syndromic assessment and efficiency of treatment modalities
- Clinical – Diagnostic imaging techniques and their validity
- Laboratory – Genetic influence on malocclusions
- Laboratory – Gene mapping and human head and neck development
Temporomandibular Joint Disorder – Pathology, Evolution of Treatment Modalities and the Current consensus.
A scientific and evidence based proposed lecture on the enigma which is TMD.
- Understanding the pathophysiology of TMD
- Classifications and Diagnoses
- Review the past treatment options
- Arguments for and against the various options
- Evidence based review
- Current consensus and evaluation of future options
A brief introduction of the talk, a summary:
The years after TMD was “discovered” have caused almost an earthquake in the dental diaspora in which the diagnoses have changed ideas and definitions, the classifications have gone into a strange underworld of options, and the treatment possibilities are diverse; from the most simple, to the most radical.
The evidence however has been scant and if present, a lot has been disputed. Specialists from Restorative Dentistry, Orthodontics, Prosthodontics, Osteopathy, Physiotherapists, Pain Management Professionals and dabblers in Holistic Medicine have injected their expertise into these most unfortunate patients to which a solution is yet to be standardised.
This 1.5 hr lecture endeavours to develop the dental surgeons’ thinking on the way in which we “treat” TMD. The fundamental functionality of the most complex joint in the human body is extrapolated, the various options of treatment are scrutinised, including the options in the current literature and the future of this quandary is predicted.